The green veggies are in honour of Saint Patrick’s Day, and for my blended household–made up of an older son who is now a pescatarian, an elderly mom whose on a strict diet because of her arthritis, a teen who eats everything that’s in the fridge at midnight, a hubby who goes for walks around the neighborhood every hour, and me, who just wants to please everybody…I’ve covered just about everybody with this no-crust, savory tart. With plenty of veggies to go around, and no carbs to boot!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 can organic stewed tomatoes (or 1 whole tomato, medium dice)
- 1 cup roasted bell or sweet peppers, julienned (this is optional)
- 5 cups fresh spinach, washed and drained
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 3 cups shredded Mozzarella cheese (or any semi-soft cheese, i.e. Muenster Cheese)
- 1 cup shaved Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt*
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh herbs (basil, oregano, parsley, thyme)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder (optional)
- 5 asparagus for garnish (optional)
*Unless noted, all ingredients are organic.
*I substituted salt with an Organic No-Salt Seasoning, which can be purchased at Costco.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9-inch pie pan.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic, onions, mushroom, stewed tomatoes (or fresh) and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft. Add-in fresh spinach, herbs, and spices, and continue cooking until excess moisture has evaporated.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, cheese, salt, and pepper. Add spinach, and stir to blend. Scoop into prepared pie pan.
- Bake in preheated oven until eggs have set, about 30 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes before serving.
Yum! Looks so good! (:
Thank you very much🙏🏼😊
Comments are closed.