This is an easy, human-grade biscuits to make for your pooches. The recipe originated from the April 2018 issue of Bake from Scratch magazine, as shared by the Winterlake Lodge.
They call the recipe ‘Winterlake Lodge Dog Biscuits’, but I like to call it ‘Cheezy’ Dog Biscuits…simple because of all the cheesy goodness your dog will love and appreciate. I know ours do!
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar or provolone cheese (*or any semi-hard or hard cheese)
- 1/2 cup beef stock (I used an organic vegetable stock)
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 medium eggs
*The recipe suggest shredded cheddar or provolone, but for this recipe, I used organic Parmesan slices.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, and lightly spray with oil.
- In a medium bowl, stir together flour, cheese, stock, and melted butter. Stir in eggs, and shape dough into a ball. On a lightly floured surface, knead dough until smooth and shiny. Roll dough to 1/2-inch thickness. Using your favorite shaped cookie cutter(s), cut dough. Place on prepared pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Turn, and bake until golden brown, about 10 minutes more. Let cool on wire rack. Keep in air-tight container for up to two weeks.