Feelin’ fancy with our dinner tonight…
Adapted from Food Network’s BBQ with Bobby Flay episode Sizzlin’ seafood.
- 3-4 (3/4-inch thick) salmon steaks, boned and securely tied with butcher’s string
- 1 teaspoon dill herb
- 3-4 tbsp crème fraîche (or sour cream), divided
- 1 tsp capers
- 1 lemon, zested and cut into wedges
- 3-4 pinch paprik, divided
- Kosher salt
- Fresh cracked black pepper
- Fresh French herbs (or similar), for garnish
Directions:Preheat oven 350 degree F
Place tied salmon steaks on a baking pan. Mix dill herb with crème fraîche. Spoon the mixture into the center of steaks. Season with lemon zest, paprika, capers, salt, and cracked black pepper. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until the fish begins to flake easily. Do not overcook. Garnish with lemon wedges and fresh herbs.
In a medium pan sauté about 2 cups sliced mushrooms in heated olive oil. Add-in 2 tablespoons of crème fraîche, 1/3 cup white wine, 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce, 1 teaspoon French herbs, and cook until sauce texture is creamy and rich brown in color. Season with kosher salt and fresh ground pepper to taste.