Just a quick recipe share of my favorite way to cook fish! Bon Appétit…
(For the seasoning)
- 1-2 whole fish (I used trouts for this recipe), cleaned
- Lemon Pepper Seasoning
- Kosher salt
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, chopped
- 1/4 onions, chopped (I used red onions, but you can use any type)
- Lemon, for seasoning, plus extra (in slices, as pictured) for garnish
- Olive oil
- 1-2 Tarragon sprigs
- 1 rosemary sprig, for garnish
Preheat oven to 350°F
- Prepare two 8 x 10 (approximate) parchment papers to place the fish in after seasoning. You can season and garnish the bottom of the parchment papers with the ingredients in Step 2. This will help enhance the flavor of the fish. Set aside.
- Season the fish(s) inside and out, with lemon pepper seasoning, kosher salt, lemon, and olive oil. Garnish the inside of the fish with a slice of lemon, sprig of tarragon, chopped garlic, and onions.
- Place each fish on a parchment paper. Add a lemon slice and rosemary sprig on top and drizzle with olive oil.
- Fold the top portion of the parchment paper; then the sides so that the fish is completely sealed inside. You can poke a small hole on top to use as an added ‘seal’ to the paper, but it is optional. Repeat for the other fish.
- Place the two fish in the folded parchment in a large baking pan.
- Bake for approximately 20-25 minutes, depending on your oven strength and altitude. (We are at a higher elevation, so 20 minutes was perfect.)
- When cooked, remove fish from the oven and open the parchment paper. Serve with your favorite side dish…rice (see my recipe below for garlic fried rice), bread, potatoes, etc.
To serve with Garlic Fried Rice:
- In a large pan, heat up 2 tbsp organic butter, 3-4 cloves chopped garlic. Add in 2-3 cups of cooked white rice. Mix until cooked. Garnish with herbs such as cilantro or chives. Season with salt and pepper as desired.