It is the simplicity of French food, or in this case, French dessert that makes it ideal for re-creating at home. Here’s my creation using my two favorite things, blueberries…and edible flowers. Bon Appétit…
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened, plus extra for greasing
- 2/3 cup superfine sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup light cream
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 cups blueberries
- confectioners’ sugar for dusting (optional)
- edible flowers for decor (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 1-quart baking dish ( or deep pie dish, as pictured)
- Put the butter in a bowl with superfine sugar and beat together until pale and creamy. Add the eggs and beat together well. Sift in the flour, then gradually stir in the cream, followed by the cinnamon. Continue to stir until smooth.
- Arrange the blueberries in the bottom of the prepared baking dish, then pour the batter over the berries. Transfer to the preheated oven and bake for about 30 minutes, or until puffed and golden.
- Remove from the oven, dust lightly with confectioners’ sugar, decorate with edible flowers, and serve.
Tip (from my French hubby)
Clafoutis is best eaten cold…and serve with a light cream.
Source: The French Kitchen Cookbook Everyday cuisine from the French country kitchen, pg. 86
Thanks sweetie! Try to make this one…it’s easy 😉
This looks amazing Grace. Hmm I wanna try it now. =D
Comments are closed.