This is a simple drink that I grew up with in the Philippines. There is really not much to making this drink but fruit, water, milk and sugar, yet it’s quite refreshing! If you Google it, you will see that it’s made in many varieties, depending on everyone’s preference. I never even realized that you can add milk to it as I have always had it without. Regardless, below you will find my own, simple recipe for cantaloupe coolers and, perhaps you can put your own twist to this drink, as well 😉 Cheers!-gcc
Yields approx 4-6
– 1 melon (cantaloupe) if you plan on making approximately 6-8 drinks (equivalent to a pitcher), otherwise, 1/2 a melon is sufficient for 4 people.
– 1 cup cold water/per glass
– 3/4 cup condensed milk for entire recipe/ or 2/3 cup per glass (optional)
– 2 tsp super fine sugar or 4 sugar cubes/per glass
– Crushed ice cubes (amount as desired)
– 1-2 sprigs of fresh mint/per glass
1. Scoop cantaloupe meat with a melon scooper /or shred with a melon scraper (found in an Asian market), /or use a lemon zester.
2. In a glass combine shredded cantaloupe, water and condensed milk (optional).
3. Add sugar according to your taste.
4. Add ice cubes; and mint for garnish (if desired)
5. Serve immediately or chill in the fridge to enjoy later!