Okay, who doesn’t love brownies? Specially these sticky-finger ones that also stick to your teeth when eating them…hehe…just don’t smile afterwards (or during)! Was on a little baking frenzy yesterday, so here we are! Bet yeah can’t have just one 😉 Served warm, these not-too-sweet brownies are also great à la mode.–gcc
Yields 16 with an 8x8x2-inch baking pan; 40 bite-size with an 11×7-inch baking pan (as pictured)
- Nonstick vegetable oil spray ( I used an organic Olive Oil spray)
- 1 tablespoon natural unsweetened cocoa powder plus more for pan
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 2 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon instant espresso powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (I used an organic Bourbon Vanilla extract)
- 1/3 cup bittersweet chocolate chips
Caramel Sauce and Assembly
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- Gray sea salt or flaky sea salt (such as Maldon; for serving) ( I used organic sea salt)
Preheat oven to 350°. Coat an 8x8x2-inch baking pan with nonstick spray ( NOTE: I used an 11×7- inch pan because I wanted to achieve small, square bite brownies–as pictured). Dust cocoa powder, tapping out excess. Place butter, unsweetened chocolate, and bittersweet chocolate in a medium microwave-safe bowl. Heat in microwave in 15-second intervals, stirring occasionally, until melted. Let cool slightly.
Meanwhile, whisk flour, espresso powder, kosher salt, and 1 tablespoon cocoa powder in another medium bowl; set aside.
Using an electric mixer on high speed, beat eggs and sugar in a large bowl until pale and thick, about 2 minutes; beat in vanilla. Fold in warm chocolate mixture, then dry ingredients, just until combined. Fold in chocolate chips. Scrape batter into prepared pan and smooth top.
Bake brownies until a tester inserted into the center comes out with some moist crumbs attached, 20-25 minutes. Transfer pan to a wire rack; let brownies cool in pan. Cut brownies into 16 squares. (Dust with more unsweetened cocoa and confetti sugar before topping with the salted caramel sauce)
Caramel Sauce and Assembly
- Bring sugar and 2 tablespoons water to a boil in a small saucepan over medium heat, stirring until sugar dissolves. Increase heat to medium-high and cook without stirring, occasionally swirling pan and brushing down sides of pan with a wet pastry brush, until sugar is a deep amber color, 5-8 minutes. Remove caramel from heat.
Add cream and butter (mixture will bubble vigorously) and whisk to combine. Let cool slightly in pan.
Drizzle caramel sauce over brownies and sprinkle with sea salt. DO AHEAD: Brownies can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and keep at room temp-erature. Caramel sauce can be made 1 week ahead. Let cool. Cover and chill. Reheat before using.
This looks very yummy! 🙂
Thank you so much!
On my list to try out! Love sticky gooey chocolatey caramely anything! They look Devine ❤
These look really good. Nothing beats a really good brownie there is something so comforting about them. Thanks for sharing 🙂
Thank you so much Emma!
Will try this chicken, great pic
Comments are closed.