This is one cookie recipe that you can add onto your ‘must bake’ list! They come out chewy, gooey and just down right delicious…
Serves: 24 cookies
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- ½ cup packed light brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1¼ cup all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp. corn starch
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¾ cup chocolate chips
- ¾ cup mini marshmallows
- 1 cup frosted cornflakes
- Cream the butter and the sugars until fully mixed and fluffy, about 4 minutes on medium speed. Beat in the egg and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, corn starch, baking soda and salt and add to the butter mixture until well combined.
- By hand, add in the chocolate chips, marshmallows, and cornflakes to ensure even distribution.
- Using a small cookie scoop or heaping tablespoon, shape the dough into balls and place on a parchment lined baking tray. Chill for at least 30 minutes or freeze. (I like to transfer the balls once frozen to a freezer plastic bag).
- Preheat the oven to 375°. Arrange chilled dough on a parchment-lined cookie sheet, leaving at least 3 inches between cookies. Bake for about 15 minutes—until browned on edges but still soft in center. Let cookies cool on cookie sheet.
- If baking from frozen, allow cookies to stand at room temperature for 30 minutes and they may require a few more minutes of baking time.
The secret to this chewy, gooey goodness are the marshmallows! You don’t have to add a lot, either. If you just want some good old fashion chewy chocolate chip cookies, you can omit the cornflakes.
Love all the additions to the basic chocolate chip cookie!
Comments are closed.