We are fortunate enough to receive some organic vegetables from our friend. From fava beans, to various types of squash, to cucumbers, to zucchini. Today I’m excited to share with you a lasagna recipe I’ve never done before using zucchini.
•1 15-oz. container ricotta
•3/4 c. freshly grated or shaved Parmesan, divided
•2 large eggs
•1 tsp. Pizza or Italian Seasoning
•Freshly ground black pepper
•1 c. your favorite tomato sauce
•2 large zucchini, sliced 1/8″ thick (use mandolin for better results)
•1 c. grated mozzarella, plus extra
Preheat oven to 400°
1. Make ricotta mixture: In a small bowl, combine ricotta, 1/2 cup Parmesan, egg, Italian Seasoning, and season with salt and pepper.
2. Spread a thin layer of tomato sauce onto the bottom of a 7″-x-11” baking dish.
3. On each slice of zucchini, spoon a thin layer of sauce, then top with a thicker layer of ricotta mixture and sprinkle with mozzarella.
4. Roll up and place in baking dish.
5. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan and mozzarella.
6. Bake until zucchini is tender and cheese is melted, 30 minutes. Top zucchini rolls with any remaining tomato sauce and leave in for about 2 minutes before removing from the zucchini lasagna from the oven.
Garnish with fresh basil and serve warm.
©The Cooking Appprentice™