The other night hubby and I watched Chopped, one of many favorite cooking challenges we enjoy viewing on the tele. The new episode featured ‘grandma vs grandma’ where four, sweet elderly ladies eagerly anticipated the surprise ingredients from their baskets.
Aside from all the wonderful stories each grandmother shared, I was also quite intrigued by some of the recipes they came up with. One in particular was rather easy, that I just had to try it for myself!
In the past I’ve made sweet potato fries, but the idea of a sweet, salty, and spicy combination most definitely got the best of my curious palette…
- Provide the ingredients and follow the directions for my sweet potato fries recipe.
- In a Ziploc bag, mix-in the following: 1 part cinnamon with 1 part brown sugar (if you don’t have brown sugar, regular will do).
- Bake at 425º for approximately 25 minutes, or until the sweet potatoes appear golden brown. Don’t worry about it not being crispy. The idea of this add-on is all about the flavors!
- Add a pinch of kosher or sea salt if you want the salty to stand out.
- Garnish with my Sriracha-mayo dip if you want it spicy.