There’s been a request for pizza lately from our little guy…so I thought I make his favorite, which is pepperoni pizza…BUT double decker style!
Ingredients: (For the Dough)
CLICK HERE for my favorite pizza dough recipe.
Ingredients: (For the Toppings)
- 1 small bag pepperoni
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 can slice black olives
- 1 can whole anchovies (optional)
- 1 jar organic pizza sauce
- Olive oil (for drizzle)
- fresh ground pepper to taste
- Corn meal (if using pizza stone)
- Prep the dough as directed.
- Preheat oven to 425°F
- Place pizza stone in the oven for about 5 minutes.
- Remove pizza stone from the oven and top with corn meal. Follow with the dough.
- Follow with the pizza sauce, mozzarella cheese, pepperoni, and fresh ground pepper.
- Drizzle olive oil on the overlapping dough.
- Top with a second layer of dough. Repeat steps 5-6. Add sliced olives and anchovies (if desired).
- Form a braid with the excess pizza dough by overlapping as you fold. Repeat throughout.
- Brush olive oil throughout the braid. Place in the oven and bake for approximately 20-22 minutes or until dough is cooked and golden brown in color.