How about a simple, homemade delicious way to satisfy your sweet tooth?! Well, what can be better than peanut butter and chocolate combined?
Makes 24 cups
- 1cup creamy natural peanut butter (I used Skippy’s Natural Peanut Butter Spread with Honey)
- 1/4 cup (x 2) confectioner’s sugar, sifted
- 3 tablespoons organic butter, softened
- 2 packages semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
- Line a 24-cup mini cupcake tin with paper cupcake liners.
- Melt half the chocolate either in a double boiler -or- in the microwave (depending on which method you are comfortable with).
- Distribute the melted chocolate into the 24-cup mini cupcake tin (I use a teaspoon-size to portion out the chocolate). Drop or shake (I did both) the pan repeatedly on the counter to lay the chocolate flat. It will flatten and smooth itself out. Place the pan in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whip the peanut butter, butter, and confectioner’s sugar together with a hand mixer until mixed and light. Place a small tablespoon of the peanut butter mixture into each cup, then drop/shake the pan repeatedly on the counter again, so the peanut butter layer lays flat. Place in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Melt the last package of chocolate, and portion out a small spoonful of chocolate into each cup, and repeating the drop/shake method to flatten each cup. You must flatten out the tops immediately after you pour the chocolate into each cup. Place the peanut butter cups in the freezer for 15 minutes to set the top layer of chocolate.
- If you want cups with a harder bite you can refrigerate them, otherwise, leave them at room temperature for a softer, creamier bite. Peel the wrapper off and enjoy!