The original ingredients were adapted from a restaurant I frequently visited in the Bay Area. I would often purchase the garlic spread by the pint so I can enjoy it at home. For many years now I have learned to perfect the recipe in order to differentiate from the original…thus making it my own.Ingredients:
¨ Day-old French Baguette, sliced in half
¨ 1/2 Cup Olive Oil Mayonnaise
¨ 1/2 Cup Shaved Parmigiano-Reggiano
¨ 1 Tbsp. Italian Herb Seasoning (or similar)
¨ 6 cloves Fresh garlic, chopped (with skin)
¨ 1 Tbsp. Cold-Press Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Preheat oven to broil at 500° degrees F
- Line two separate foils in a large baking pan. Cut the baguette in half, then split the halves. Place each halves on the two separate foils.
- Mix-in all the ingredients in a small bowl.
- Place the cheesy garlic spread mix on each half of the baguette
- Wrap the baguette in foil half way so the top of the bread is exposed to heat.
- Place in the oven for about 2 minutes or just until the top cheese is melted and golden brown.
- Cool for approximately 2 minutes before cutting the bread.
Yields approx 16 sliced pieces.