Sometimes, some recipes are best described silently and let the pictures do the talking. this is one of those recipes…One day for dinner the main attraction were beets.
- 1 medium red onion (or optional yellow), diced medium
- 1 cup pre-cut carrots/ or cut into 1/2-inch rounds
- 1-2 large beets, scrubbed, peeled, and cut into 1/2-inch wedges (I used pre-boiled beets–for 30 minutes from the day before)
- 1 large sprig rosemary
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 small bag spring green mix
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, plus wedges for serving
- Preheat oven to 425°F. On a rimmed baking sheet, toss onion, carrots, beets, and rosemary with 2 tablespoons oil; season with salt and pepper.
- Roast veggies until golden and tender, about 30 minutes.
- Transfer roasted veggies to a large bowl and toss with lettuce, lemon juice, and remaining tablespoon oil, season with salt and pepper. Serves 4.
Top salad with poached, soft-boiled or hard-boiled eggs (depending on your preference), and serve with lemon wedges. Enjoy!–gcc