When your good friend from college comes to visit with a bag full of homegrown lemons, you make darn good lemon/limeade with a simple twist of English cucumbers!
• 1 cup cold water, plus (up to) 4 cups
• 1/2 cup white sugar
• 1 cucumber, sliced
• 4-6 fresh lemons, juiced (includes extra for garnish)
• 1-2 fresh limes, juiced (includes extra for garnish)
• Sprigs fresh mint for garnish
1. Start by making a simple syrup—combine water and sugar together in a saucepan over medium heat and stir until the sugar has dissolved. Set it aside to cool or place in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
2. Place the cucumber slices in a blender or food processor; blend until mashed into a pulp. *Pour the cucumber pulp into a fine mesh strainer place over a bowl to catch the liquid; allow to sit until you have about 2/3 cup of liquid from the cucumber. (*Discard excess cucumber or add-in if you prefer your drink with pulp).
3. Stir the simple syrup, cucumber liquid, lemon & lime juice together in a pitcher. Add-in the extra cups of cold water. Garnish with fresh lemon and lime slices, and sprigs of fresh mint. Serve cold/with ice.