The rain has finally reached us…Hoorah! We’ve had a dry spell for a while. Moreover, with the eminent lack of snow a few ski resorts at Lake Tahoe have had to close down for the season.
Meanwhile, the gusty wind, the cold and heavy down fall definitely called for some comforting snack…
This simple recipe takes care of your most important meal of the day, whilst satisfying those much-needed quick bites for lunch.
Ingredients and Preparation:
1. Click here for my favorite Madeleine recipe and follow the steps to make the batter.
2. Next, gather up breakfast ingredients, such as:
•Eggs (one egg covers three Madeleine’s)
•Handful of Bacon (cut into medium pieces)
•Herb de Provence (or similar)
•Freshly Ground Black Pepper
For the equipment, although it is non-stick, a generously buttered and floured Madeleine pan will prevent the madeleines from sticking (Trust me on this one!). I find that an organic cooking spray with flour is ideal.
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F
3. Crack an egg, one at a time in a small container. Pour your egg equally between 3 Madeleine holes.
4. Place the sliced bacon pieces (about 2 or 3) on the egg white, season with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper.
5. Take a teaspoonful of the madeleine batter and pour it over each hole.
6. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes, until the edges are crispy and golden. Serve warm.
I love what I’m seeing here. Excellent bake!
Comments are closed.