This is a special treat that my older son made when we spent a week at my mom’s for Thanksgiving. Although his major has changed from Culinary Arts to Journalism, he still has a knack for baking and it’s always something I look forward to whenever I see him or he comes over our place. The recipe can yield 24 cookie butter cups…but these bite-size goodness sure didn’t last long, not whilst his little brother was around. Moreover, they are delicious with a cup of coffee or tea! Good Eats…-gcc
- 2 bags all natural dark chocolate
- Approximately 1/2 cup of Trader Joe’s Speculoos Cookie Butter
- 1 scant tablespoon unrefined virgin coconut oil
- Fleur de Sel for sprinkling
- Line 24 mini muffin tins with mini cupcake liners.
- In a medium bowl, melt chocolate and coconut oil in the microwave in 20 second intervals, stirring after each, until melted.
- Spoon enough chocolate to cover the bottom of each baking cup.
- Add 1-2 teaspoon Cookie Butter.
- Fill with chocolate until Cookie Butter is completely covered and top is smooth.
- Sprinkle with a nice pinch of Fleur De Sel.
- Freeze to set. Keep in freezer or fridge.