Breakfast isn’t usually my thing, but this morning, poach eggs with a drizzle of garlic EVOO and balsamic reduction over a handful of fresh arugula, a medley of cherry tomatoes, and red onions slices alongside simply toasted crostini’s came to mind…
Whilst I didn’t do anything fancy, other than winged it to poach these eggs, I thought this tip below might be useful if you’ve never poached eggs before.
HOW TO MAKE PERFECTLY POACHED EGGS
* Bring a large pot of water to a boil, then reduce to low (or turn off the heat).
* Crack the egg in a fine mesh sieve (over a small bowl) and remove the liquidy whites.
* Transfer the egg to a small ramekin or bowl.
* Add one tablespoon of light-colored vinegar to the pot and stir to create a vortex.
* Pour the ramekin with the egg into the middle of the vortex and set a timer for 3 minutes.
* Once the egg is done, use a slotted spoon to remove the poached egg. Dab with a paper towel to remove excess water and eat immediately.