This shortcut version is more pickled than fermented. Either way, you’ll love this as a condiment with your favorite Asian cuisines…
- 1 head Napa cabbage, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/4 cup kosher salt
- 1 to 2 cups water
- 4 green onions, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup fish sauce
- 1/4 cup chili garlic sauce
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar (unseasoned)
- Place cabbage in a large bowl. Toss repeatedly with salt.
- Add water and let stand for 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Rinse thoroughly in a colander to remove salt. Drain well, then pat dry between paper towels.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients, then pack into canning jars. Cover tightly and refrigerate overnight.
Original recipe adapted from Raley’s Something Extra, Spring 2014 Issue
Kimchi is one of my favorite things to eat at the moment. It’s delicious and nutritious.
Mine, too. I’d like to work on making this recipe more spicy, though. I’m big on spicy😊.
Thanks for stopping by my blog! Appreciate it.
Comments are closed.