Normally, I would say 95% of the time, I’m just a coffee kinda girl in the mornings. Today, being Sunday and all; not-to-mention the abundance of backyard chicken eggs in the fridge, I thought it was time for another photo-op for Instagram! Yes, I am quite the addict. I can’t seem to #cook or #bake anything #inthekitchen nowadays without an opportunity to snap a few pictures…
So here we are, my play on muffin tins with smoked applewood bacon and fresh eggs from our hen…and a few colorful pictures to share with you and my world, @thecookingapprentice on Instagram.
- 1 large muffin tin
- 3 organic eggs
- 6 slices of bacon
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- cilantro, for garnish
- red onions, diced, for garnish
- avocado, slices, for garnish
- salsa, any type you like, i.e., pico de gallo, salsa verde, etc.
Preheat oven to broil at 500° F
- Intertwined and overlapping, line three sides of the muffin tin with two bacon per tin.
- Add-in three eggs in the remaining tins.
- Place in the oven; and after five minutes, remove the eggs and set aside.
- Return the bacon back in the oven and cook for another five minutes or until crisp. You will have to turn it once so that the bottom of the bacon cooks, as well.
- When cooked, remove the bacon and place on a serving platter. Add the mozzarella cheese inside the bacon; place the cooked egg on top.
- Garnish with cilantro and red onions. Serve with slices of avocado and top with salsa.