On behalf of The Cooking Apprentice, LLC, A BIG THANK YOU goes out to Emma at Bake Then Eat for granting us the Liebster Blog Award! This award is passed on to interesting, up-and-coming bloggers striving for success. Thus, I am personally thankful and humbly accept this award wholeheartedly.
Now for a few facts and ground rules involving the Liebster Blog Award…
What is the award about? Liebster is a German word that means favourite, so after a little investigation I found that this award is presented by bloggers to other bloggers. According to this post the award started in Germany in 2010 and there are no real rules, she says:
The real “gist” of the Liebster Award is that there is no real award. There are no judges, no special rules. No website with an official team to congratulate you and hold your hand. It’s mostly what you want it to be. If you receive the award, you can 1) accept it and 2) pass it along. It’s that easy.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you along with a link back to their site.
- Copy and paste the award on your blog.
- Answer a few get-to-know-you fun facts that the nominator would like to learn more about you.
- Pass along this award to other deserving bloggers (5 minimum).
- Let them know they have been chosen by leaving a comment on their blog.
- Be sure to share your get-to-know-you fun facts with your nominator.
Here are the questions that Emma asked me (her nominee) to answer:
1. If you could have one wish, what would it be?
Built a forever, safe sanctuary for all homeless and abuse animals.
2. Who is your favorite celebrity and what would you bake them?
If we’re talking a chef celebrity it would have to be Chef Gordon Ramsay, and I would bake him an apple pie because he is humble as pie.
3. What is your secret guilty pleasure?
It’s really no secret how much I LOVE my avocado shake with lots of crushed ice, fresh organic milk and honey…and I’m all set!
4. Taken from Emma – Why did you start blogging?
To simply share what I love to do with other who share the same passion as I do, nothing more.
5. How many baking websites / blogs do you have bookmarked in you web browser?
Just a few handful; I would say less than 5.
6. A healthy salad or a greasy bacon sandwich?
Is this a legal question? Bacon does a body better 😉
7. Taken from Emma – Favorite movie and book?
The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks both in a book and movie; A Country Cook’s Kitchen cookbook by Alison Walker–probably the most read ‘book’ I have at home!
8. Favorite social network?
9. White, milk or dark chocolate?
10. Which blog do you follow religiously?
Hmmm, tough one! I’ll need to think about this more…
11. If you could wish one household chore away, which one would it be?
I am sort of a ‘neat freak’, so none…honestly.
11 questions I would like for my nominees to answer…
1. If you could only eat one cuisine or dish for the rest of your life, what would it be?
2. Three staples you need every day.
3. All time favorite blog?
4. If you could relive a day, what would it be?
5. Why did you start blogging?
6. Your dream job?
7. Favorite food?
8. Where would you live, if you could be anywhere in the world?
9. Something about you that you don’t share very often?
10. Favorite book & movie?
11. Goal in life?
The Cooking Apprentice, LLC would now like to grant the Liebster Blog Award nomination to these well-deserved individuals (in no particular order)…
- Adobo Down Under…I was instantly delighted with Anna’s cooking style from the land down under!
- Manu’s Fusion Peruvian Cuisine…Manu’s love for life shines effervescently through his delectable Peruvian-asian fusions. Wait until you get a visual taste of his famous ceviche dishes and you’ll know what I am talking about!
- Cooking with Stellaaa…I came across Stella’s blog on WordPress and I cannot begin to tell you how much I love her no-pressure, no measurements cooking style. Her philosophy in cooking goes right alongside mine…just cook from the heart!
- Everything food…I adore Hourik’s cooking style to the moon and back!
- Miss Piggie Eats…Jennifer works so hard to give us the best food reviews from everywhere & beyond…go see for yourself!
- Foodoofus…Join him on an awesome gastronomical journey of the Bay Area…and then some, and back!
- Filipeanut…I have learned so much more about my culture through this guy! And, I am grateful each time.
- KissMeCupcake…Valerie always does things above and beyond expectations…check out her cupcakes (and more) creations and you’ll definitely agree with me!